Asap’s non-invasive superficial peels revitalise and rejuvenate the skin with minimal down time, improving the texture of the skin by removing damaged outer layers to reveal fresh, younger looking skin.
Regular peels will:
• Improve the vitality and smoothness of the complexion
• Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Assist with acne and reduce congestion and blocked pores
• Promote hydration resulting in firmer, smoother skin
• Help increase cellular turnover
• Improve the texture of the skin and stimulate collagen renewal
• Improve superficial scarring and irregular pigmentation
• Benefit the face, neck, hands and décolletage.
We have a range of peels to suit various skin types. Upon thorough consultation, your skin therapist will recommend that best peel for your skin type and conditions.
The 3 peels that we recommend include:
- Lactic Peel – recommended for dry, mature and sensitive skin types in need of hydration.
- Glycolic Peel – softens fine lines, wrinkles, hydrate the skin and stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin. Also recommended for mild photo damage and acne
- Reveal Peel – A modified Jessner solution containing a powerful blend of 35% AHA/BHA. Recommened for mild skin pigmentations, post inflammatory pigmentation and UV damage. Improves skin texture and restores a fresh, smooth, more youthful radiance to the skin
Conditions that will not be improved with the use of peels:
- deep wrinkes
- deep acne scarring
- broken capillaries
- skin cancers
- moles and epidermal skin tags
For the treatment of these skin conditions, talk to our skin technicians about other treatments available.
Points to note with peels:
- Skin may peel for 5 to 7 days post reveal peel
- Visible peeling is unlikely with lactic and glycolic peels, however individuals respond differently to peel treatments and peeling may occur
- A tingling or burning sensation may be felt during peel application
- The skin may appear slightly pink and feel tight immediately after peel application
- Skin has a temporary increased sensitivity to the sun after peel application. Use sunscreen everyday
- Best peel results will be achieved when combined with correct asap skin care
- Other treatments, eg. Microdermabrasion, may also be beneficial, and will be advised to you by your therapist
Contraindications to peels:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Auto immune diseases
- Retin A – cease 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Roaccutane – cease 12 months prior to treatment
- Skin cancer
- Cosmetic injections must be done a minimum of 2 weeks prior to treatment
For prices please see Skin Treatment Pricelist