What is IPL Skin Rejuvenation?
IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is a non-invasive and effective treatment for Skin Rejuvenation. It uses a broad-spectrum pulse of light to target specific structures in the skin.
IPL is commonly used to treat:
- Uneven skintone
- Broken Capillaries
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- General skin rejuvenation
What is involved in the treatment?
After thorough consultation, the technician will determine if IPL is suitable for your particular skin concerns. During the treatment, you may have a gel applied to your skin. This will aid in cooling and make the treatment more comfortable. The treatment may be slightly uncomfortable, but generally will not be painful. Most clients explain the feeling of the treatment as a mild warmth, sometimes as a light flick. This feeling of warmth may last between 24-48hrs. In rare cases, the area may remain slightly pink for up to 48hrs, but most clients are able to resume normal activity straight after with no after effect at all.
Who is it suitable for?
IPL is not suitable for people with a darker skin, on the fitzpatrick scale skin type V and VI are generally not treatable. If you are uncertain, we recommend coming in for a consultation with one of our technicians to determine your suitability for the treatment. It is not suitable to be used for all types of pigmentation, please consult a technician to see if it is safe for use for your skin.
Before your treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 2 weeks before your session. If you have been sunburnt, this period of time may need to be extended.
- Avoid use of other skin treatments for 2 weeks prior, unless otherwise instructed by technician
- Some medications and products may be contraindications to the treatment, please ensure you disclose all this information during your consultation so the technician can tailor the treatment to you
After you treatment:
- Suncreen of spf 30+ must be applied everyday, even when sun exposure may seem minimal
- Strong sun exposure must be avoided as much as possible throughout the entire treatment process. If you have been in the sun, please advise your technician before they begin your session as this may affect your treatment
- A mild warm sensation and redness may be present after your treatment. This should last no longer than 24-48hrs. If it does, or it becomes very uncomfortable please contact your IPL technician immediately
- Avoid very hot showers, spas and saunas etc for 24hrs after your treatment
- If you are being treated for pigmentation, in some cases the pigmentation may appear darker for a short period of time, and in some cases may come up like a scab. This will fall of and lighten on its own. Do not pick or scratch at the area, just keep treating it as normal.
For a full pricelist please see IPL Skin Treatment Pricelist